WELCOME TO LINDVEST DÉCOR
YOUR APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR DÉCOR CONSULTANT
At your appointment you will be asked to finalize any structural changes you want to make and select any rough-ins for your home as well as the selection of Exterior Packages*. These changes may include, for example:
- enlarging, relocating or changing the style of basement windows, relocating a three piece rough-in bathroom in the basement (if applicable to your model) etc.;
- consider any built-in and/or upgrade appliances that you will be installing as electrical outlets may need to be added or relocated to accommodate them;
- cabinet changes affecting bulkheads will need to be identified (i.e. angled corner cabinets, deep fridge upper cabinets).
- electrical, plumbing, heating, and fireplace changes must be decided as well;
- stair upgrades;
- flooring material changes and/or upgrades; and
- you will also be asked to provide the locations of the telephone and cable in your home. You will also be asked to finalize your colour and material options and select your home finishes. You will select your finishes, such as, tile, carpet, engineered hardwood, laminate, cabinets and countertops.
- It may be helpful to bring along colour swatches of fabrics, linens and visual aids such as magazine clippings that will assist you in the selection process and also help your Décor Consultant better understand the vision you have for your new home.
- We will require the manufacturer's specification sheet for all Appliances prior to submitting your final colour chart selections.
SOME GENERAL POINTS TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE THE MOST FROM YOUR DÉCOR CENTRE EXPERIENCE:
- Drop by our Décor Centre as often as you like during Browse Hours to view the samples available. Take this browse time to familiarize yourself with the various options and take notes of the items you are interested in - both standard finishes and upgrades. This will help you to develop ideas to assist you at your appointment. Please be advised that product pricing is not available during browse hours.
- Familiarize yourself with the floor plan of your home, prior to your appointment and consider where you would like to locate cable outlets, telephone and internet.
- Upgrades made at the Décor Centre can be incorporated into the Mortgage by means of an Amendment to the Agreement of Purchase and Sale for the Property. We will require a deposit and a committal letter from your financial institution pre-approving the revised mortgage amount.
- To make your appointment more relaxing and productive, we recommend you pre-arrange for care for children, if this is applicable to you.
- Please do not cancel appointments unless absolutely unavoidable and, should a cancellation be necessary, please allow 48 hours so the time may be reallocated.
- Availability of some upgrades is subject to approval and progress of completion of your home at the time of your appointment.
- Please remember to bring your method of payment (cheque, Mastercard, Visa or debit). We will not be able to process your color chart and/or upgrades if a required payment is not made at the time of your appointment.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
A sampling of the upgrades and finishes is outlined below. Many more options are available so come to your appointment with your "wish list".
- Garage to House Access Door
- Side Doors
- Upgrade to plywood sub floor
- 10' ceilings (if permitted)
- 9' ceilings to 2nd Floor (if permitted)
- Upgrade Interior Doors
- 3 piece washroom R/I in basement
- Cold Cellar (if applicable)
- Cabinet layout changes including Built-ins
- Ceramic flooring locations
- Fireplaces & Mantles
- All electrical lighting including pot lights
- Additional Plugs, etc.
- Stair Case Upgrades
- Air Conditioning
- Air Cleaner & Humidifier
- Central Vacuum
- Structured Wiring location & Upgrades
- Security System
- Tub & Shower Upgrades
- Additional Vanity Basin
- Upgraded Faucets and Shower Spa
- Frameless Glass Shower Enclosure
- Sliding Patio to French Doors
- Floor Finishes (Broadloom, Engineered Hardwood, Laminate, Ceramic)
- Upgraded Railing & Pickets
- Upgraded Stain on Stairs, Railing & Pickets
- Upgraded Interior Door Hardware
- Cabinet & Cabinet Hardware Choices
- Granite and Solid Surface Countertops
- Laminate Countertops
- Interior Trim & Door Styles
- Wall Ceramic
- Bathroom Fixtures
- Lighting Fixtures
- Fireplace Mantels
- Decorative Mouldings
Feel free to contact our Décor Centre with any questions you may have before and/or after your appointment. Your calls are important to us. However, if you prefer to email us, to enable us to assist you more efficiently, your emails (and voice mail messages) should include your subdivision, lot/unit number and model type.
We look forward to meeting with you and assisting you with this important and exciting stage in the process of moving you into your new home.
* Certain items are community/model type specific, and may not be applicable. See Décor Consultant for more information.
All items are subject to availability.
All items are subject to change without notice. E.&O.E.