EXTERIOR CONSTRUCTION DETAILS:
- Exterior walls to be brick cladded, with accent details in other materials, as per Vendor's predetermined architectural colour schemes and as per plan. Exterior paint colour as per Vendor's predetermined colour schemes.
- Asphalt roof shingles and/or metal roof (as per plan) from Vendor's predetermined colour schemes.
- Maintenance-free aluminium and/or vinyl soffits, fascia, eavestroughs and downspouts.
- Approximately 8' high exterior front entry door(s) with grip set and electronic deadbolt*.
- Exterior light fixtures on front elevation, as per model type. Professionally graded and sodded lot.
- Precast slab walkways and steps as required with six precast slabs at rear patio door.
- Asphalt paved driveway (Vendor not responsible for future settlement). Attic insulation, exterior wall insulation and basement wall insulation as per Ontario Building Code requirements*.
- Cold cellar and poured concrete porch, as per model type. Reinforced poured concrete garage floor.
- Poured concrete basement walls with damp-proofing and foundation collector drains. Drainage layer provided on exterior of basement walls to enhance overall water resistance. Studded perimeter exterior walls with R20 batt insulation.
- Steel beam support as required in basement.
- Doors and windows sealed with high quality caulking.
- Ceiling height approximately 9'0" on main floor and 8'0" on second floor for 34' and 38' series designs, as per model type.
- Ceiling height of approximately 9'0" on main floor and 9'0" on second floor for 44' series designs, as per model type.
- Natural finish oak main staircase (veneer risers and stringers) with "Upgrade 2" handrails and spindles, as per plan. Stairway railings to be mounted on oak nosings in platformed area(s), as per model type. Platform(s) and landing(s) to be finished with natural finish engineered oak flooring (approximately 3" wide), as per model type.
- Choice of "Cambridge" two panel style or "Contemporary" flat slab style doors with painted hinges throughout, as per plan.
- Choice of paint grade "Upgrade 1" or "Contemporary" trim on all doors and arches.
- All arches on main floor to be trimmed, as per plan.
- All interior walls to be finished with premium acrylic latex paint*. Wood trim and doors painted with semi-gloss white paint. Purchaser to have choice of one (1) wall colour throughout from Vendor's standard samples.
- Smooth ceiling finish throughout main floor (and second floor of 44' series designs), laundry areas and all main and second floor washrooms, as per model type. Stippled ceilings with smooth borders on second floor (34' and 38' series designs) throughout, as per model type.
- Coffered ceilings, where shown, as per model type.
- All interior door hardware to be "Upgrade 1" lever type in satin nickel colour finish.
- Laundry area complete with base cabinet(s) from Vendor's standard samples, and tub and connections for water and drain, as per model type.
- Natural gas fireplace with clean face drywall finish and contemporary linear burner complete with opaque pebble stones, as per model type.
- "Upgrade 1" cabinetry (extended height upper cabinets in 44' series designs) with "Upgrade 1" granite countertops complete with undermount double bowl stainless steel sink with washerless single lever faucet, selected from Vendor's standard samples, as per plan.
- "Upgrade 1" ceramic tile backsplash, selected from Vendor's standard samples, as per plan.
- Exhaust hood fan over stove with 6" ducting to exterior. Heavy duty plug receptacle provided for stove.
- Designated dishwasher space with rough-in electrical-plumbing for future dishwasher.
- Custom vanities with laminate countertops selected from Vendor's standard samples in all bathrooms and powder room, as per model type.
- Wall mirrors in all bathrooms.
- All bathroom plumbing fixtures to be white.
- Choice of 6"x8" or 8"x10" ceramic wall tiles, selected from Vendor's standard samples, installed in tub and shower enclosures up to and including ceiling. Tub surround is tiled to approximately 24" above tub, as per model type, where tub and shower stalls are separate, excluding freestanding tubs.
- Exhaust fan in all bathrooms*.
- Bathtub and separate shower stall in master ensuite, as per model type. Bathtub in main bathroom and bathtub or shower stall in secondary ensuites, as per model type.
- Temperature and pressure control single lever faucet on all showers, as per model type.
- Framed clear glass door and recessed shower light in separate shower stall, as per model type.
- 44' series designs feature master ensuites with frameless clear glass door/ enclosure and recessed shower light, as per model type.
- Natural finish engineered oak flooring (approximately 3" wide) on main floor non-tiled areas, as per model type.
- Plush 40 oz. broadloom with quality 12mm foam underpad installed wall to wall on second floor non-tiled areas for 34' and 38' series designs, as per plan. One colour selection throughout available from Vendor's standard samples.
- 44' series designs feature natural finish engineered oak flooring (approximately 3" wide) on second floor non-tiled areas, as per model type.
- Ceramic tile floor in designated areas from Vendor's standard samples, as per model type.
- Engineered sub-floor system.
- All sub-floors will be glued and fastened with screws.
DOORS AND WINDOWS:
- Vinyl casement (vinyl awning for all for Elevation C designs), or thermo-fixed glass windows with LOW-E glass throughout main and upper floors, as per model type.
- High quality basement windows, with LOW-E glass. Screens on all operational windows.
- Metal insulated (Elevation C designs to receive Fiberglass insulated) front entry door(s) with high quality weatherstripping.
- Roll-up garage doors.
- Metal insulated door from garage to house, as per plan, where grade permits. French door provided at rear of home on the main floor, as per model type (no screens are included, nor available).
ELECTRICAL AND LIGHTING DETAILS:
- 100 amp electrical service with breaker panel and copper wiring throughout. Quality light fixtures provided throughout, including ceiling light fixtures in all bedrooms, family room and decorative wall mounted fixture in powder room, as per model type.*
- Electrical outlets provided in garage along with waterproof exterior outlets near all exterior doors, excluding door from house to garage.
- Heavy duty receptacle and wiring provided for clothes dryer.
- Rough-in RG6, or equivalent, cable T.V. in family/great room, den and master bedroom, as per model type.
- Door chime provided.
- Electronic smoke detectors installed in basement, on main and upper floor, including all bedrooms.
- All bathroom electrical duplex receptacles protected by ground-fault interrupter. Rough-in for central vacuum.
- Rough-in for category 5, or equivalent, voice/data wiring in master bedroom, kitchen and den, as per model type.
- "Decora" switches and plugs.
- One ceiling mounted electrical outlet for future garage door opener(s).
PLUMBING AND HEATING SPECIFICATIONS:
- Natural gas forced air "High Efficiency" furnace with ECM motor controlled by a learning thermostat.*
- Installed heat recovery ventilator (HRV) with separate wall control for improved indoor air quality.
- Installed rental gas hot water heater.
- 44' series designs feature barbecue gas line to rear of home, with disconnect and valve, location determined by Vendor.
- Ducting for future central air conditioning.
- One water tap provided in garage and one on exterior.
- Single lever faucets on all bathrooms and powder room sinks. One carbon monoxide detector.
- Ducts professionally cleaned prior to Closing.
- Rough-in drains for future three-piece bathroom in basement.
*AURORA GLEN COMFORT AND TECHNOLOGY:
Cool – Learning Thermostat to control your "High Efficiency" furnace
Smart – Intelligent key to control your front entry door deadbolt from your smartphone
Efficient – LED lighting throughout the interior of your Dwelling, excluding the basement
Additional attention and care Features:
At Aurora Glen, all model designs have been reviewed and assessed by an independent certified Energy Evaluator who has been certified and registered through NRCan (National Resources Canada). Each house model will be built to EXCEED current Ontario Building Code requirements. Once the Dwelling is completed and just prior to closing, the same certified Energy Evaluator will return to the Dwelling to verify the air tightness thereof.
- All paints to be low VOC,
- All exhaust fans to be low sone for peaceful operation,
- Shut-off valves on all hot and cold water lines on sinks and toilets,
- Enhanced R60 Attic Insulation, 2"x6" wall construction with R22 batt insulation – plus R5 rigid insulation,
- HRV with smart control for improved air quality,
- Electronically commutated furnace motors (ECMs),
- Solar Ready Conduit rough-in, and
- Water-Efficient toilets, vanity faucets and shower heads.
A mix of contemporary and traditional townhome designs coming soon. Register for Phase 3 of this highly anticipated community.